The official Twitter account for the TV anime “Majo no Tabitabi”(Wandering Witch – The Journey of Elaina) based on the light novel series written by Jougi Shiraishi revealed that Reina Ueda will perform the opening theme song “Literature”. The song will release as Ueda’s second single on October 21.
The anime will premiere in October.
- Kaede Hondo as Elaina
- Kana Hanazawa as Flan
- Tomoyo Kurosawa as Saya
- Yōko Hikasa as Sheila
- Director: Toshiyuki Kubooka (Harukana Receive, Berserk film trilogy)
- Screenplay: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu is supervising and writing the series scripts.
- Character Designs: Takeshi Oda is adapting Azuru’s original character art for animation.
- Concept Designs: Kazumasa Nishio
- Animation Production: C2C
ChouCho is performing the ending theme song “Haiiro no Saga” (Gray Saga).
Once upon a time, there was a witch named Elaina, who set off on a journey across the world. Along the way, she would meet all kinds of people, from a country full of witches to a giant in love with his own muscles—but with each meeting, Elaina would become a small part of their story, and her own world would get a little bit bigger. The novel series ranked at #9 on the 2018 Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! list, and at #6 on the 2019 list. SB Creative published the first novel in April 2016 and the 13th volume on July 14.
Itsuki Nanao launched a manga adaptation on Square Enix’s Manga Up! app in November 2018. Square Enix published the second volume in December.