On June 15, the Japanese Government announced MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship 2021 Applications for all applicable Countries.
The Monbukagakusho MEXT Scholarship is to Undertake Undergraduate, Master, Training/ Ph.D./Doctoral Degree from Japanese Universities. The Japanese Government covers all the expenses during the scholarship period. The Applicants will Study at any of the Japanese universities.
Normally The Application Cycle of the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship is announced in April. But this year due to COVID-19 the applications were delayed and announced in June for all countries.
The Japanese MEXT Scholarship is open to all the participants from Asia, Pacific, North America, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, Africa who have diplomatic relations with Japan. All the Japanese Universities are participating in the MEXT Scholarship and all Fields of Study Available in Japanese Universities.
|Deadline: Varies from Embassy to Embassy||Institution(s): Japanese Universities|
|Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training||Study in: Japan|
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate or research (masters / Ph.D.) students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program.
MEXT Scholarship 2021 is open to international students who want to pursue Undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree at Japanese Universities for the academic year 2021-2022.
Japanese Government MEXT scholarship is fully funded and will cover tuition fees, accommodation, monthly living allowance, and round airfare travel expenses from your country to Japan.
- All types of courses offered in all Japanese Universities from Social Science to Engineering, Medical to Health, Arts, Humanities, etc. There are No Academic Fields Restrictions.
- Undergraduate: 4-5 Years
- Masters: 2-3 Years
- Ph.D.: 3-4 Years
MEXT Scholarship 2021 is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students to Study in Japan For Free. This scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2021 Rate)
- Education Fees: Fees for the Entrance Examination, Tuition Fee at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover your Round Airfare Travel Expenses from your Country to Japan. The Airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket for the flight.
- Accommodations: Residence halls for international students provided by universities.
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Scholarship 2021
To qualify for MEXT Scholarship 2021, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of school education or have completed courses in a school comparable to a high school (includes prospective graduates)
- For Masters / Ph.D. Students: You must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (includes prospective graduates). Or you must have completed 16 years / 18 years of education.
- For Teacher training students: You must be under 35 years of age and a graduate of a college or teacher training college. You must have at least five years of active experience as a teacher in a primary, secondary or teacher training college in your country.
- For Japanese Study Students: Applicants must be from 18 to 30 years old. Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools which major in Japanese language or Japanese culture in a university outside Japan at the time when they come to Japan and must be enrolled in the home institution at the time when they return to their home countries.
How to Apply for MEXT Scholarship 2021?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the MEXT Scholarship 2021:
- Find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate of your country from here.
- Visit the website of the Japanese Embassy of your country. Under the Education / Scholarship tab, you will find the MEXT scholarship.
- Download the MEXT scholarship application form and fill it.
- Submit the required documents (list given below) to the Japanese Embassy of your country.
- A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy. Find Sample Written Test with Answers Here.
- After that interviews of the candidates will be conducted.
- The successful candidates will be informed through email or embassy website.
Documents Required for MEXT Scholarship 2021
- MEXT Scholarship Application form
- The highest degree verified with official stamps.
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree
Note: If the degree is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English is required.
- The highest degree Transcript verified with official stamps. (Including Grading system)
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree Transcripts
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree Transcripts
Note: If the diploma is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English or is
- Two recommendation letters: The letters of recommendation must be written by the applicant’s teachers/advisors/employers (who are able to evaluate your academic performance and research potential) in either English. (for research students)
- Passport Scan (if available at the time of application)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (for research students)
- Study plan / Statement of purpose. The study plan is written in English. Basic content shall include motivation of application, education/ research Background, and prospective study at APU. (for research students)
- English Language Proficiency Document: Those students whose language institute was in English can Submit English Proficiency Certificate from their Home University & they are exempted from Language Test.
- Academic thesis or relevant publications (for research students)
- Other reference documents (if applicable)
To know more about MEXT Scholarship 2021, please visit the official website.