The official website of Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi (Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon), the anime sequel to Rumiko Takahashi‘s InuYasha franchise, revealed the main cast, additional staff, and the first promotional video on Aug 7. The television anime will air on Saturdays beginning on October 3 at 5:30 p.m. on Yomiuri TV and NTV.
- Towa Higurashi: Sara Matsumoto (Kono Oto Tomare!)
- Setsuna: Mikako Komatsu (Tsukumogami Kashimasu)
- Moroha: Azusa Tadokoro (Musaigen no Phantom World)
- Director: Teruo Satou (InuYasha (TV) episode director)
- Series Composition: Katsuyuki Sumisawa (InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen)
- Original Character Design: Rumiko Takahashi (manga creator)
- Character Design: Yoshihito Hishinuma (Tales of the Abyss)
- Art Director: Shigemi Ikeda (Yakusoku no Neverland), Yukiko Maruyama (Junketsu no Maria)
- Color Design: Miyuki Satou (Soushin Shoujo Matoi)
- Director of Photography: Shigemi Ogawa (Kekkaishi (TV))
- Editing: Kazuhiro Nii (Kami no Tou)
- Music Composer: Kaoru Wada (D.Gray-man)
- Sound Director: Yasushi Nagura (Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou)
- Animation production: Sunrise
- Production: Sunrise, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV
North American anime and manga distributor VIZ Media holds the rights to digital streaming, electronic sell-through, and home video for the sequel anime for North and Latin American territories.
The original InuYasha manga series ran in Weekly Shounen Sunday from 1996 to 2008. Sunrise produced a 167-episode television anime that aired from Fall 2000–2004, followed by a 26-episode sequel in Fall 2009. The manga. The manga also inspired four anime films between 2000 and 2004.